Tuesday 7 May 2013

AWOL Zine Designs


This piece was a collaboration with AWOL team member Amy, it focuses on identity within the Northern quarter. Originally this piece was a collage I created in my sketchbook of a backstreet in the Northern Quarter with fashion models from an Elle magazine. I remember a shop assistant who worked in the shop vintage in the Northern Quarter saying that this part of Manchester was the most fashionable. Taking this information on board I created this collage featuring fashion models at towering over backstreet in response to emphasise the importance of fashion in that area. Amy had previously been working on watercolour shadows so she added these faces to the models. I think the Purple stands out nicely against the photocopy of the collage and I particularly like how the heads look like helmets as if the models belong to some kind of fashion army.

No comments:

Post a Comment