Monday 13 May 2013

Le Gun





Le Gun is a London based collective of designers and illustrators who are well known for their zine publications that consist of mix media pieces created by famous and unknown creatives of the art world. What attracted me to Le Gun and what I believe to be one of their strongest selling points is their guerrilla approach to design. Their designs are bold and in your face however they all complement each other in their publications. Each design is different and has its own personal identity within the publication without disrupting the flow of the viewing experience; I feel that this approach would really suit our AWOL zine. Furthermore I really like the layout of their zines, the double page spreads creates more of an impact and gives a more complete view to the design. I think it work particularly well with text, the message is communicated in a faster and bolder fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment