Tuesday 7 May 2013

AWOL Zine Designs


After my collaborative design with Amy I created more collages featuring models found in Elle magazine. The concept for this collage is similar to that of the collaboration, I wanted to make it seem as though fashion was taking over the Northern Quarter. I used photographs I had taken in the Northern Quarter; one was an image of a construction site that consisted of rubble (bottom right hand corner). I wanted that particular image to represent the Northern Quarter before fashion and art arrived to make it what it is today. At first I hated the collage in colour so I tried to photocopying the image which did improve it, the model’s with no eyes in monochrome are rather creepy and haunting which adds interest to the piece.  

No comments:

Post a Comment